St Paul's Anglican Church - 1887
Photo courtesy of Uxbridge The First 100 Years By J. Peter Hvidsten
This first English Episcopal Church was built in 1854 on Toronto Street in Uxbridge. The old wooden structure was torn down to make room for a larger church when the congregation outgrew the building. The cornerstone was laid in July 1887 for this magnificent building, and in February 1888 the new St Paul's Anglican Church was officially opened with the bell tower being added one year later.
The photo below shows the church from the same vantage point in 2022