Harvey and Martha Gould House - Circa 1877
The above image was taken in 2021 shows the house from the corner of Cedar Street and King St West.
In 1886 Harvey Gould and his wife Martha purchased this house built by John C. Widdifield. The Gould family owned this home until 1930. Harvey Gould, son of Joseph Gould (one of the original founders of Uxbridge) was a merchant, mill owner and also a member of the private banking firm of Gould Brothers. He was active in municipal affairs and was mayor for several terms. The two upper gothic doors open onto balconies. Much of the interior and exterior of the house has been restored. The front verandah is original to the house, as are the window frames and sashes all with original hand-rolled glass. Over the years there were two additions were added to the west end of the house.
The above was taken from the Uxbridge Walking Tour Brochure - Written and illustrated by Sharon E. Nielsen and Wendy E. Auger.
Above image provided by Google Street View
Uxbridge Walking Tour Brochour - Written and illustrated by Sharon E. Nielsen and Wendy E. Auger.